GPS coordinates of the object:   LAT: 46.39013  LON: 16.43609
 
Location description

Commercial Casino
This building was constructed using trade capital in 1903 in Hungarian secession style as a place of gathering for the middle classes, a new social stratum in Međimurje. Apart from a cards room and a place for other parlour games, the building housed a special withdrawing room for ladies, a reading room and a dance room. For two decades, from 1966 to 1986, part of the building was used as a library and reading room. Since the end of World War 2, the building has been better known as the headquarters of the Trades Unions.

Zgrada Doma sindikata - Trgovački casino
Culture and history | | Buildings
Info
  • Full name: Turistička zajednica grada Čakovca
  • ID No.: 38397326289
  • Address
  • Kralja Tomislava 1, Čakovec
  • Contact
  • Phone
  • +385 40 313 319   
    Working hours
    MON 08:00 - 19:00
    TUE 08:00 - 19:00
    WED 08:00 - 19:00
    THU 08:00 - 19:00
    FRI 08:00 - 19:00
    SAT 08:00 - 13:00

    Additional information
    Special offer

    Handelskasino
    Das Kasino wurde mit dem Kapital der Händler im Stil der ungarischen Sezession im Jahr 1903 errichtet und diente den Bürgern – einer damals neuen gesellschaftlichen Schicht in Međimurje – als Versammlungsort. Außer dem Raum für Kartenspiele und andere Gesellschaftsspiele gab es in dem Gebäude einen separaten Raum für Damen, ferner einen Lesesaal und einen Ballsaal. Während zwei Jahrzehnten, zwischen 1966-1986, wurde ein Teil dieses Baus als Bibliothek und Lesesaal genutzt. Seit Ende des zweiten Weltkriegs bis heute ist dieses Gebäude Sitz der Gewerkschaften.

    ,